Thursday, December 3, 2009

Do feminists resist makeup because they feel ';The Man'; is trying to impose his idea of beauty on them?

Feminists, do you feel your natural beauty is hidden by what is essentially face-paint?Do feminists resist makeup because they feel ';The Man'; is trying to impose his idea of beauty on them?
I wish women didn't wear make-up, personally.





I like them to be in their natural state, their own personal beauty will speak volumes more than anything made by Maybelline or Olay.Do feminists resist makeup because they feel ';The Man'; is trying to impose his idea of beauty on them?
i wear make-up. i am a feminist.


and i don't wear it thick as face paint, either. it's subtle. i like to feel feminine and pretty.


who says feminists can't be feminine?
I just made a deal with a gentleman about this. I don't wear much make-up but he found it ';unnatural';. So, we agreed that I would go natural if he did. I find it highly unnatural that men shave their faces like brainless ninnies every day or cut their hair. I prefer long hair on men. He's actually letting his beard and hair grow long naturally for me. Besides, at my age and state of decay, make-up is really just a collection of expensive putties. BUT, I would really appreciate a make-up option for YA avatars. Just look at my avatar's brown lips. Lips aren't really that weird color.
I don't wear make-up because it is dishonest. You are basically concealing or minimizing your flaws, and enhancing your assets, and that's not how your face really looks. It's a lie. The way I see it, it's the same as wearing a bra with thick gel inserts or if a guy stuffed his pants.
ummm, I am a feminist and I wear make up. Because I can.





EDIT: Gary G can't score a date.


EDIT: Ardinus; believing that women can do what they want with their lives makes you a feminist. Mental health or the lack of has nothing to do with it.
i wear make up because i want to, not to impress the man
no. I have never worn makeup because I am naturally lovely without it. i have never actually met a man who wanted me to wear makeup. Men often dislike it.





My mother always wore makup, and my father frequently grumbled ';Do you have to put all that claggy muck on your face?'; But she never took any notice.


She went on putting it on every day almost up until the day she died.





I think women who wear makeup do it for their own pleasure rather than for men's.
I don't wear makeup because it isn't good for my skin. On occassion, I'll wear some to look nice - but I don't like the painted look.





I'm not a crazy feminist - I just believe women should have the right to do what they want with their lives.





Guys aren't imposing on women to wear makeup. Any girl who wears makeup because they don't think guys will like them without it is likely an insecure pushover.





Companies don't have a gender imo. They make tons of money from makeup. The media is pushing women more than any ';man'; is pushing women to wear makeup.
No. I feel like it's a bloody waste of my time, and I look better without it.
i love make-up. i just don't need to wear it all the time and i don't ever need to wear two tons of it.
If you are a true feminist, then you would know its not about looks.





its the political.





if someone is focused on not wearing make up bc of the man that would be a conspirist and not a feminist.
Men all say that they don't want women wearing makeup, but when you see dark undereyes, zit scars, uneven skin, then it is ingrained in you to think that we are unattractive.





Conversely, women sometimes say that they put makeup on for themselves. This is true. Because if they didn't, then the people around them (men AND women) wouldn't think that they looked that good, and then these women would feel inadequate.





Oh and by the way, makeup can be a ';touch-up';.. it doesn't always have to be so obvious. i.e. Blush or powder. You men think that women don't wear make-up and they still look nice, but honestly it is probably some more subtle makeup.
Name a feminist here who resists makeup for political reasons, and I'll buy you a Coke.





I wear makeup because I need it. If I don't wear blush, I look like I have the perma-flu.
Women who don't wear makeup are often lesbians.





Feminists are often lesbians.





The womens movemnet leaders were often lesbiens.
I don't know why some women are feminists....I'm not...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sunburn