Friday, December 11, 2009

Is there a different way to apply makeup on men?

as an aspiring makeup artist I haven't applied makeup on men before, but now I have this male client and I feel nervous! should I apply the same makeup application techniques on him, or is there a different way to do it?Is there a different way to apply makeup on men?
I was watching a program yesterday, and it said makeup for men has to be discreet obviously.


She just applied a powder lightly all over the face, and then a little bit of concealer. :)


hope i helped


xIs there a different way to apply makeup on men?
It depends. I do a lot of stage makeup on men, for which the technique for applying bases is the same, but obviously you highlight the features in a different way. Eyebrows can be darkened, use highlighter under the eyes, bronzer on the cheeks, clear or brown mascara.


If you have a male client who wants to be made up like a female, then you need to ascertain whether or not he wants a natural female look, in which case you would just do normal makeup on him; or a drag look. If he wants a drag queen look you'll need to do a bit of research, because there's specific styles and 'looks' that are used for this type of makeup. Good luck!
Well a man has a different texture but it is all skin!!! Of course make sure he shaves very very well!!! I would recommend putting your very best primer over the entire face (being an artist Im sure you have some quality primer) then you may have to put a little concealer around the beard mustache area depending on his complexion and so forth!! Then you can start to apply as you would a woman. I am not sure if he like to dress as a woman or just wants to look his best for that day but if he is a queen (which I love me some queens) go heavy on the eye make up and so be shy on the blush they love that stuff!





I have two queens that I do every saturday and they are truly the best! Unlike most women they are not afraid to try out colors!!





Hope I could help!!
  • web hosting sites
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    sunburn