Thursday, June 24, 2010

Do men have to decide whether or not to wear makeup? Do women?

Men could you go to work every day with full on face makeup if you wanted to?





Women could you go to work every day without it if you wanted to?





Is this really a choice or is ';choice'; just an illusion like a made-up face is?Do men have to decide whether or not to wear makeup? Do women?
i dont usually wear make up- only a tiny bit if i do.


but if someone wants more confidence, and they can get that from wearing a bit of makeup, good for them.Do men have to decide whether or not to wear makeup? Do women?
I think make-up is a choice by most people. I know men who wear it. (Elvis wore make up) and women who don't. It is a way to make ourselves feel better about our appearance. To feel pretty, if you will. For guys ( and some girls) it like putting a new suit. Your just sprucing yourself up. I for one would not mind walking around all day in full on KISS make-up just for the hell of it. Everything we do is a choice. No one is robot. The devil can't make you do anything. Only the little voice in your head makes you do things.
I don't wear any makeup. For pictures, last June, I put some mascara on and a little lipstick and that was the last time I did that.


So, yes. It is a choice. I go everywhere without makeup.


If a man asked me out, I might do the lashes and lips again.


But, I sure don't mind people seeing me without it.


C. :)
for me, I WUD NEVER EVER EVER EVER wear makeup unless i decide to turn goth or sumthin
i was brainwashed in school to Always be Yourself, do resist peer preasure, and that Honesty is the Best Policy. and i thought makeup was dishonest and giving in to peer pressure and hides your true self.


after college i learned to put on makeup, and i expected *men* to like me better, but instead women liked me better! a lot better! i was rude to them at first because i thought ';b*tch, you only like me when i wear makeup?'; but then i read a study how people like attractive faces better, and realized i did too, so i forgave them. men don't notice my makeup because they don't look at the *face* as often.


i still don't wear makeup most of the time, but that's because i look ok without it. but if i go out with people i make sure to put concealer on a few spots and to use blush.


i experimented with it, and i find women like me better when i use blush, men like me better when i use a little lip gloss, and eye shadow on me doesn't affect people one way or another unless it is really ugly, in which case everyone is really rude to me and i have a terrible time.





what worries me is that plastic surgery is becoming mandatory. i'll dye my hair or whiten my teath when i get older, but i will not have needles stuck in my face, no thank you! but what about any daughters i will have? will they NEED to get a nose job to have the pefect nose and be considered social freaks if they don't? most american women i know had surgery.





i think men are lucky as they are judged by their accomplishemts and they can focus on that, and would be looked down on if they spend too much time on their looks!





when i was a stupid high school kid i hated the girls who spent hours in front of the mirror, i thought ';how can you accomplish anything in life when all you do is puton makeup so much time?'; but now i learned that unless you attain leadership, nothing in life is more important than anything else, and spending hours a day making hair and makeup is just as good as spending hours a day playing a musical instrument -- makeup or music, it is all just time spent in the long run.





for me, makeup is totally a choice, but i can see how some girls with bad skin who might be secretaries or managers whould *have* to wear makeup every day, but men in their position would not.
I never wear makeup because I am naturally lovely without it, but if my husband expressed a particular desire for me to wear it I would probably give it a go. It's not something he has ever expressed any interest in though.





Personally, I think it is a matter of personal choice. My mother always wore makeup, even though my father didn't particularly care for it : ';Why do you always have to put all that claggy muck on your face?'; he used to grumble. She continued to put it on almost up until the day of her death, which was ten years after my father died. it was just something she did because she liked it.
It's a choice, but honestly, most people don't wear enough makeup to really change the way their faces look.





Throughout history, both sexes have worn make-up. Well-to-do men in the 18th century used just as much make-up as women.





Aside from a brief period in the 20th century during the glam rock period, it just hasn't been ';the thing'; for men to wear makeup in recent times.





Perhaps that will change again in the future. Witness the increasing popularity of ';guy-liner.';
I have had the same job for over 8 years...in the early days I would come in with no makeup on and I was fine with it. Then one day I came in with make up on and a female coworker make a snide comment about how I must have a date or something cause I never wear makeup. Just to spite her I wore makeup everyday after that. Now its just habit. I still dont wear much...just a few basics...but I would feel really uncomfortable without it now. I would feel like I wasnt wearing a bra or something.
For me, going a day without makeup isn't a huge deal. I think you have to be comfortable with who you are, otherwise makeup is just a coverup to try and be something you're not.
I chose not to wear makeup, I'm encourage by my dad not to do so because it causes a lot of damage to a person's face.
I have just gone cross-eyed.


I guess watching the beating of a dead horse will do that to a person.
I go to work everday without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sunburn