Thursday, June 24, 2010

Makeup for Men? Makeup Kits?

I was going to go shopping soon for some men's makeup, and I had a few questions on what to look for. I know I want a concealer, a contour, and a setting/blotting powder. Also, I can't do eye liner/eye shadow because my school wouldn't let me. (I got to a private high school). So here are the questions:





1. Should I get two concealers, with warm and cool undertones, for redness and eyes, and light scaring?





2. Can a makeup attendant at a makeup store match my skin tone for the proper color of makeup, as well as recommend what types of makeup I should use?





3. Should I purchase my makeup in a ';kit'; made for men? Or should I purchase the products separately?





4. What brushes do I need?





5. I'm not sure if I should use a bronzer and/or clear mascara. What do you think?





6. Are there any other products I might need?





Thanks everyone!Makeup for Men? Makeup Kits?
Hey there. I'm 15 and i've been wearing makeup for about 2 years. You don't really need a makeup ';Designed'; for men. Make-Up is make-up, doesn't matter if it's on a woman's face or a man's. As for me, i wear Revlon stuff most off the time. :)





1. Depends on how bad your redness is. You don't really need anything for your eyes unless you have under eye circles, if so, then dab a bit of concealer that's a little bit lighter than your skin tone and blend in. Care full though, you don't wanna look cakey. (Where it is obvious you are wearing makeup....not attractive. lol)





2. Of course they can, that's what they're there for.





3. Like i said, theres hardly any much difference between ';Mens'; make-up and ';Womens'; make-up. But you're best bet is to buy a kit. buying everything separately is more expensive. Where a kit tries to save you some money.





4. This depends on what your using. If your going to be wearing foundation, then use a foundation brush, if you're going to be using powder, then buy a powder brush too. Pretty much, when you buy brushes, just buy the brushes that will help you with what you already wear. For good quality brushes, you may want to purchase some MAC brushes. They're a bit expensive, but they last very long and do not shed (get the little hairs of the brush on you're face.)





5. If you want to, go ahead, You may want to buy yourself a bronzer/blush brush for that though, since the applicators that come with the product usually suck. haha. For the mascara, make sure to go with clear. Getting black, or dark brown etc. may make some people think negatively of you.





6. Not really. You should be good with concealer, bronzer, maybe a little mascara is good, and foundation. only if you're skin is really bad though. :)





Oh! and if you get foundation go with liquid, it looks ALOT more even and natural than cream. :)





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sunburn