Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wearing No makeup almost Scared the Crap Out Of My Man. Should I have Allowed Him To See Me Without It Before?

Ive been wearing makeup since high school and had grown pretty accustomed to it being the second thing I did after my morning shower (having a cup of coffee being the first thing).





My man and I have been seeing each other for a year now and things could not be better. Two nights ago, he asked if it was ok that he work a few extra hours, would I be ok alone, I said sure.





I used the few hours wisely and pampered myself to the point of falling asleep. The opening of our bedroom door is what woke me and I didn't have time to ';put on my face'; before he walked through the door.





The look on his face was total shock. He even asked if I'd been crying because my eyes appeared so small. So I lied and said yes, I was crying at a movie I was watching on tv, then I walked into the bathroom to re-apply my makeup.





I couldn't believe that after coming out of the bathroom his first reply BEFORE kissing was ';now, thats better';





Should I have introduced makeup to him early on?Wearing No makeup almost Scared the Crap Out Of My Man. Should I have Allowed Him To See Me Without It Before?
Since he has never seen you without your makeup before, I think its normal that he thought you looked different. However, I don't think he should not like you just based on that.Wearing No makeup almost Scared the Crap Out Of My Man. Should I have Allowed Him To See Me Without It Before?
you shouldnt have had to. he should love you make up or not. and not feel the need to comment when your not wearing any. even at 15 the boys i date, never feel the need to say anything when i dont wear any ((and trust me i look COMPLETLY different)). at this point in you relationship he should barely even see you outer apperence and shoul be able to look past it and see the inner beauty you have
That is messed up for him to say that to you, hes been with you for a year so he should know what you look like with makeup on or not so that shouldnt bother him. Tell him what he said did hurt you a little and if he only thinks your beautiful with make up on. If he says yes then hes a jerk if he says no then he does love you.
Wow. maybe . And the maybe because if it caused that much of a reaction he was not prepared for what you look like as you are. hen on the flipside of maybe do you want to be with someone who only likes the made up version of you? That is something I think you should think about and also being comfortable enough with yourself to be able to go with out you ';face'; on.
That's pathetic. I think you should dress down for a while (baggy clothes, kinda tomboyish) and see if he still wants you then. If he doesn't, then I think you will see what a shallow man this guy probably is. See, I feel awful without makeup, and I think I know who's to blame. People like that, who have high expectations of me, when they have no right to do so.
ohhh my goddd that sucksss!! ://


daaaannng.


yaaa...maybe you should've not worn make up AAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL the time....or just wear less.


i mean, i understand that for you its just a normal, gotta do it thing...cuz im like that too.


Then again he should like how you look regardless if you have eyeliner or not.


But it was just probably a reeeally big shock cuz he only used to seeing you with makeup.
Damn that sucks, do you look that bad without makeup? He just has to accept you for who you are. All that makeup cant really be to good for your skin. I only wear it if I'm going on a date or something. My bf loves me all natural.
OUCH that was harsh on his part!


if you are serious with this guy and plan


on at one point getting married or somehting


he is gunna see you like that sooner or later


i eman do u like wear your make up to bed!


(which is bad for your skin btw)
with make-up for so long it takes away ur original features so


when ur not wearing make-up u look like a different person


that guy seems shallow because


he didn't like u w/o ur make-up face on


u can't wear make-up all the time
i dont even think u should be with him he only likes ur apperance not ur personality its ur choice but u should take my advice
well that was kindof mean for him telling you that looks better... maybe you should go natural for a little while so he can get used to you without makeup.
He should think your beautiful without makeup!
it shouldnt matter if he really loves you


he should think you're beautiful no matter what
no. makeup was a big part of your life before you started dating him. not to mention, he is pretty shallow.
he should like you even with out make up
You should have definitely have introduced him to when you were not wearing makeup. Guys should be able to see you with or without makeup that way they are accustomed to both. And most guys like when a girl just looks natural. You shouldn't have to wear makeup all the time to keep him happy..Your probably a very pretty girl even without it. Let him see you without it and if he doesn't like it you can tell him to get going..You don't need makeup to beautiful, he should love who you are on the inside as well!! I hope things go well!
Maybe he just thought you were upset and was socked to see that you were crying? (even though you weren't) If he thought that, he could still think your beautiful he just might have said now thats better because you ';weren't crying anymore';





On the other hand it could be because he just has never seen you like that it doesn't nessesarily mean he doesn't think you are attractive. But it shouldn't matter he should love you no matter what, with or without makeup. Maybe you should tell him the truth because if your gonna be together forever do you really want to spend hours pampering yourself before he sees you everytime? If he wants to break up with you then he is just shallow and you shouldn't be with someone like that. But im sure theres more than your looks that first got you too together think back to why he started to like you in the first place, beauty isn't everything there is a lot more to a relationship than that.
Good god, is he that shallow? Personally I have always like women without makeup, but that's something else. If he couldn't tell you were wearing makeup its all on him. Not like you cant tell. And if you have any ideas about making this a very very long relationship, he is going to find out how the real you looks eventually, if he can not deal with it, I think its better for you so you don't waste your time with such a shallow guy.
What a rude comment by him!


I wear a lot of makeup but my boyfriend always tells me I look beautiful without it and even if I dont Id still prefer him to say the other. Since youve been together for a year you should feel comfortable being yourself around each other and hello part of that will be him seeing you without makeup. I would say to him I like getting dolled up for you but sometimes I may not have time too or feel like taking a break from it. He needs to understand when he acts like a slob and his hair is messy its the same thing. :)
Your man may have been surprised simply because he had never seen you without your makeup. It would have been like if you had opened the door while you had avocado facecream and cucumbers on you face, doesn't mean he thought you were ugly, he was just surprised because it was unexpected.





At this point the proof will be in how he treats you from here on in. The fact is, if he truly loves you, he will stay with you regardless of makeup.





That being said, you may want to go lighter on the makeup, it does age the skin faster and believe it or not, I'm telling you this as a guy, a lot of us guys prefer girls with less makeup on.





I just met a girl this weekend and we went on our first date and she admitted to me she hadn't even taken a shower let alone put on makeup when I met her and approached her. So from here on in, whatever she does is gravy.
I have worked in cosmetics for many years and can apreciate how the make-up makes you feel more confident and even enhances your facial features.


your guy would have noted how pretty you look with it on and grown to love you for not only your looks but for your amazing personality too.


he is very shallow if he cannot handle you with out it!


gradually wear less make-up and go for a really natural and neutral look more often to see his reaction then when you wear none he will be more used to it.


generally he should fancy the pants of you regardless of whether you have make-up on or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sunburn